Great Lakes Academy is a K-8 charter school opening in 2014 with Kindergarten and First Grade. We are currently seeking a high capacity individual to serve as our inaugural Great Lakes Academy Summer Intern.
The Great Lakes Academy Summer Intern is a three month-long position that is responsible for assisting the Executive Director and Leadership Team in all aspects of running a school- from student enrollment to facilities upkeep, from family and community outreach to front office administration. The position is an opportunity to learn about all aspects of a start-up organization and to develop personally and professionally while contributing to the success of a game-changing educational opportunity for students on the Southeast side of Chicago.
- Creation and upkeep of organized system of school information system, including potential families and students, and potential staff.
- Consistent assistance to Executive Director and Leadership Team in all aspects of opening a start-up charter school, from website development to student intake to classroom set-up.
- Completion of an independent project central to the school's improvement.
- Assist Executive Director and Leadership Team in all aspects of a new charter school start-up.
- Create and maintain filing system for interested and current families and staff members.
- Conduct community outreach from hosting of festival booths to planning community canvassing events.
- Detail oriented, highly organized and punctual.
- Able to learn quickly and to take on new responsibilities over time.
- Able to communicate and build strong relationships with school staff, students, families and community members.
Flexible and able to handle a diversity of tasks responsibilities.
Willingness to dig in where needed, regardless of the task.
- Completion of, or enrollment in, Bachelor’s degree program is required.
- Experience working in a similar capacity with demonstrated track record of success; and
- Belief in and alignment with Great Lakes Academy’s core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
Culture Fit- Do these words describe you?
Fiercely positive, Hard-working, Intelligent, Team oriented, Organized, Sense of humor, Belief in the power of education, Humble, Self-reflective, Self-directed, Goal-oriented, Enthusiastic
As an equal opportunity employer, Great Lakes Academy hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.