Great Lakes Academy is a K-8 charter school working to open in 2014 with Kindergarten and First Grade. We are currently seeking a high capacity individual to serve as our inaugural Great Lakes Academy Operations Fellow.
The Great Lakes Academy Operations Fellow is a semester or year-long position that is responsible for assisting the Executive Director and Leadership Team in all aspects of the day to day operations of a school while learning operational expertise. The Operations Fellow is charged with ensuring that all of the small details of running a school are attended to, from student enrollment to facilities upkeep, to family and community outreach to front office administration. The position is an opportunity to learn about all aspects of a start-up charter school and to develop personally and professionally while contributing to the success of a game-changing educational opportunity for students on the Southeast side of Chicago.
- Able to pilot one concrete improvement in the school's operational systems.
- Assist Director of Operations and Executive Director in a variety of daily and weekly tasks.
- Upkeep of all systems of the school on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Assist Leadership Team in administrative tasks.
- Assist Director of Community Outreach and Development and Director of Operations in all aspects of recruitment and student enrollment.
- Assist Director of Operations in upkeep and execution of all operational systems and procedures of the school.
- Assist with students during all communal times including breakfast, lunch, entry and dismissal, community meetings, and transitions.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and punctual.
- Able to learn quickly and take on increased responsibilities over time.
- Strong computer skills.
- Able to think on feet and problem solve in the moment.
- Flexible and able to handle a diversity of tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to dig in wherever needed.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Work experience in a similar capacity with demonstrated track record of success; and
- Belief in and alignment with Great Lakes Academy’s core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
Culture Fit- Do these words describe you?
Fiercely positive, Hard-working, Intelligent, Team oriented, Organized, Sense of humor, Belief in the power of education, Humble, Self-reflective, Self-directed, Goal-oriented, Enthusiastic
As an equal opportunity employer, Great Lakes Academy hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.