Operations and Development Associate
Great Lakes Academy is a K-8 charter school working to open in 2014 with Kindergarten and First Grade. We are seeking a high capacity individual to serve as our inaugural Operations and Development Associate.
The Great Lakes Academy Operations Associate is charged with managing the front office and supporting the Director of Operations in all manner of school operations. The Operations Associate is also responsible for building and sustaining strong relationships with local community members, organizations, foundations and donors.
- Creates and maintains partnerships with organizations in the community that will benefit our students and their families.
- Coordinates after school programming and partnerships.
- Recruits and enrolls students to meet the school's annual enrollment targets on day 1 of school.
- Assists in writing grants and development efforts.
- Manages the front office in a manner that is efficient, friendly and highly organized.
- Assists Director of Operations in all operational duties in a manner that is efficient, friendly, and highly organized.
- Assists with in school discipline in a way that demonstrates a steady decline in disciplinary actions across grade levels as the school year progresses, and an increase in positively reinforced behaviors.
- Develops monthly parent workshops programming that is attended by a minimum of 25 parents and reflects consistent attendance increases month to month.
- Assists in development and management of an internship program to assist Great Lakes Academy in all aspects of management.
- Daily demonstration of the Great Lakes Academy core values of Bravery, Enthusiasm, Growth, Responsibility, Endurance, Achievement and Team.
- Assists Director of Operations in daily operational responsibilities for the school.
- Manages front office.
- Ensures full enrollment each year, starting with 64 kindergarten and 64 first graders in Y1.
- Develops and maintains relationships with local and citywide nonprofit organizations and foundations that will benefit students and families.
- Seeks out and applies for grants for the school from local and national foundations.
- Coordinates after school enrichment program for students attending the school.
- Coordinates Monthly Parent workshops.
- Coordinates Families for Great Lakes Academy, a GLA Parent group.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to establish relationships with a variety of individuals, from community members and families to corporate sponsors and large national foundations to individual donors.
- Ability to stay organized and work efficiently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Self-starter, able to independently seek out new partnerships and development opportunities for the school.
- Creative thinker, considering various opportunities and external best practices to create and cultivate connections between the school and the community.
- Demonstrated leadership skills - highly organized and efficient, self-motivated.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of three years work experience is required, preferably in similar roles.
Culture Fit- Do these words describe you?
Fiercely positive, Hard-working, Intelligent, Team oriented, Organized, Sense of humor, Belief in the power of education, Humble, Self-reflective, Goal-oriented, Enthusiastic.
As an equal opportunity employer, Great Lakes Academy hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.