Director of Operations
Great Lakes Academy is a K-8 charter school working to open in 2014 with Kindergarten and first grade. We are currently seeking a high capacity individual to serve as our inaugural Director of Operations, with the potential for that role to grow into a COO position in coming years.
The Director of Operations is charged with managing the operational side of the school, from financial management to vendor relationships to facility operations, as well as managing and maximizing the impact of the Operations Fellows.
- Establishing and maintaining contracts with all outside vendors.
- Ensuring up-to-date financial statements and record keeping in compliance with GAAP.
- Providing thorough, informative monthly reports to Board on school financial status.
- Ensuring school is consistently supplied with supplies, from textbooks to technology to printer ink.
- Ensuring facilities are clean, organized, and well maintained.
- Serving on school leadership team, working closely with academic leaders to create staff schedules and contracts including benefits.
- Effective management of GLA Fellow(s).
- Financial monitoring and reporting.
- Managing facility operations, including technology services.
- Establishing, managing, and monitoring systems and processes for the sourcing, procurement, utilization of supplies for school, including furniture, curricular orders, technology, and food.
- Researching and selecting the most competitive and efficient outside vendors to support the school.
- Establishing and monitoring vendor relationships.
- Coordinating student enrollment with Leadership team.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Strong communicator and collaborator.
- Able to problem solve and think creatively about establishing systems and structures for a new school.
- Self-directed and flexible; able to thrive in a start-up environment.
- Has demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional teams.
- Able to coordinate multiple moving parts, and multiple tasks on a daily basis.
- Able to establish and implement operational and financial best practices at start-up school.
- Knowledgeable in managing operational finances; able to manage the school budget and report out on school profit and loss to Executive Director and Board on daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- Able to coordinate all aspects of facilities management.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred; and
- Minimum of two years experience working in a similar capacity with demonstrated track record of success; and
- Belief in and alignment with Great Lakes Academy’s core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
Culture Fit- Do these words describe you?
Fiercely positive, Hard-working, Intelligent, Team oriented, Organized, Sense of humor, Belief in the power of education, Humble, Self-reflective, Self-directed, Goal-oriented, Enthusiastic
As an equal opportunity employer, Great Lakes Academy hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.