Join the Great Lakes Academy Founding Team Today!
Join a team of committed education professionals who are working to raise the bar of what is possible in elementary school education.
Great Lakes Academy is a fast-paced and dynamic start-up environment of high expectations with a strong commitment to teamwork, innovation, and most of all, educating our students at a nationally competitive level. High capacity individuals excited to work hard as a founding team member and build a fiercely positive school of excellence will thrive. We are a growth-oriented work place, and seek individuals eager to push themselves professionally and personally to new levels of greatness. Staff members need strong communication and collaboration skills to build relationships and partnerships with peers, administrators, students, parents, and community members.
We promise our staff:
- A Commitment to Teacher Development. We are committed to the support and development of each member of our staff. We provide monthly full-day professional development, weekly professional development for 3 hours on Friday, and weekly individualized teacher coaching. Each summer, we come together for four weeks to collaborate, train, and build our strong culture and curriculum
- Teamwork and Collaboration. Teachers in grades K and 1 co-teach, and teachers within each grade co-plan. Grade-level teams meet weekly, and peer observations and development happen each day.
- Constant Improvement of School Design. Through an iterative, data driven process and constant focus on self-reflection, honesty and growth we are constantly improving our school design and seeking to grow.
- BE GREAT Core Values. Every Great Lakes Academy Team member demonstrates our core values of Bravery, Endurance, Growth, Responsibility, Enthusiasm, Achievement and Team.
- Fun and Enjoyment. We love our work and it shows every day, in everything that we do.
- A Growth Mindset. Learning never stops. Growth happens to everyone, every day, students and staff alike. There is no failure, only feedback and new opportunity.
As an equal opportunity employer, Great Lakes Academy hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.
To Apply to Join Our Team:
1. Send a cover letter and resume to Katherine Myers at email@example.com.
2. Complete the application form below.
Note: Only the most promising candidates will be contacted for an interview. Your application will not be considered complete without both an online application and an emailed resume.